A power outage that left part of Silicon Valley in the dark early Saturday was caused by a squirrel, an electric company spokesperson told The San Francisco Chronicle. Nearly 2,000 customers in Cupertino were without power for about two hours. Power was restored around 8:30 a.m., said the paper on its website.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission ACCC is seeking information from businesses that develop, manufacture or supply products that use button batteries. Participation in the survey will help inform the non-regulatory strategies proposed for reducing the hazard posed to children.In Australia, an estimated five children per week present to an emergency department with an injury related to button and coin cell batteries.
2015 IEEE Symposium on Product Compliance Engineering (ISPCE)
Chicago, May 18-20, 2015
The IEEE Product Safety Engineering Society seeks original and unpublished papers, presentations, workshops and tutorials for the ISPCE 2015 on all aspects of product safety and compliance engineering
(profiled for USA)
Tectron International has issued a recall for approximately 55,000 USB chargers because the chargers can overheat while in use, posing a fire hazard. The 3-in-1 chargers feature a 10-foot white cord with a USB plug on one end and 30-pin plug, lightning plug, and a mini USB plug on the other end. The chargers are compatible with different models iPhone, iPads, and android phones. The chargers were sold during school fundraisers from July 2014 to August 2014.