A spider may have been the cause of an explosion at a home


NSW Police Force (via Facebook)
https://www.facebook.com/nswpoliceforce?ref=stream

Police believe a spider may have been the cause of an explosion at a home in Kirribilli today.

Emergency services were called to the home in McDougall Street shortly after 1pm (Saturday 2 February 2013), after an explosion blew out the bathroom and kitchen windows and destroyed a washing machine.

A 66-year-old woman told police and fire fighters she’d seen a spider on her washing machine and sprayed it with an insecticide, however, it ran under the machine.

She sprayed more insecticide under the washing machine and fire investigators believe the engine ignited the spray, triggering the explosion. The washing machine was destroyed.

The homeowner was treated by NSW Ambulance Paramedics at the scene after sustaining singed hair and blurred vision.

There was no sign of the spider.

%d bloggers like this: