Woolworths Limited — Halloween Flashing Tumbler and Goblet (Australia)


Source: Woolworths Limited — Halloween Flashing Tumbler and Goblet

What are the defects?

The battery cover can be opened without the use of a tool. This could allow young children to access the button batteries inside.

What are the hazards?

Ingestion of button cell batteries by young children can cause internal burns which may lead to serious injury or death.

She woke in a pool of blood: hospital misdiagnosed baby who swallowed button battery, coroner hears


What we would give to have another chance to hear your voice, to feel your kiss and to see you grow,” wrote the Rees family in Isabella’s tribute.

At the age of one, Isabella swallowed a button battery. No one knows precisely when. It lodged in her oesophagus, and made her sick.

Her parents took her to hospital several times over two weeks, but staff didn’t pick up the presence of the battery until it was too late, the Coroners Court heard on Thursday.

She died in the morning of February, 4, 2015, from cardiac arrest, on the operating table at Sunshine Hospital.

Source: She woke in a pool of blood: hospital misdiagnosed baby who swallowed button battery, coroner hears

The Battery Controlled – Button battery safety


I highly recommend everyone to watch both videos attached to the following Australian Safety regulator’s web page. It’s essential safety information for *anyone* who might have children under five years old in their house.

The Battery Controlled – Button battery safety.

If a child swallows a button battery, the battery can get stuck in the child’s throat and burn through the oesophagus in as little as two hours. Repair can require feeding and breathing tubes and multiple surgeries.

Children under five years old are at the greatest risk.

The Battery Controlled – Button battery safety


The Battery Controlled – Button battery safety

via The Battery Controlled – Button battery safety.

“If a child swallows a button battery, the battery can get stuck in the child’s throat and burn through the oesophagus in as little as two hours. Repair can require feeding and breathing tubes and multiple surgeries.”

“In Australia, an estimated four children per week present to an emergency department with an injury related to a button battery.”

%d bloggers like this: